Solar - Migration to Magento 2
● Polish fashion premium brand established in 1989
● 1.3 million pieces of garments produced per year
● 74 own retail stores, 19 franchise outlets and 76 partner stores in Poland
● 4 franchise outlets located in Germany and Luxembourg
● online sales via the company website from 2012
FROM PRESTASHOP TO MAGENTO – WHY?
- the need to refresh the image, in connection with the change of the logo and visual identity of the brand
- technological constraints preventing the introduction of major changes in the product sheet
- very high budget for implementation of development work and difficulties in maintaining the stability of the previous website
- sales decline in the online channel in the second half of 2015
- no possibility of purchasing from mobile devices.
- increased conversion in the online channel with a focus on the mobile channel
- refreshing the layout according to the new corporate identity
- e-commerce transfer of the Solar brand to the new technology that will guarantee stability and rapid platform development
- implementation of user experience solutions compatible with current trends and customer expectations.
- implementation of a fully responsive version of the store
- launching the store along with the introduction of a new collection
- number of sessions increased in the mobile channel by 21%
- revenue growth in the mobile channel by 237%
- number of transactions increased in the mobile channel by 483%.
- what are the current problems and expectations
- what are the further development plans.
UX audit and quantitative data analysis
- information structure analysis
- usability audit of the contemporary solutions
- traffic analysis based on Google Analytics statistics
- data analysis of the click tracking study
- preparing recommendations
PROTOTYPING AND GRAPHIC DESIGN
- interactive prototypes allow for showing how the application should work and how different processes will look like
- quick verification of the designer’s vision and the client’s expectations
- conceptual work on mockups allows for introducing and testing various solutions with little time and effort
- detailed mockups reduce the number of changes at further stages
- graphic design prepared based on the approved mockups.
IMPLEMENTATION AND TESTS
- work divided into 2-week iterations
- integration – we begin implementation from the most difficult areas
- effects of work reviewed and tested on a regular basis with the client
- high quality of the produced software
- UAT and performance testing.
MEASUREMENT AND OPTIMIZATION
- traffic analysis based on data from Google Analytics
- implementing a click tracking tool
- A/B tests
- feedback from Solar customers.
- introducing new delivery options: parcel pick-up stations and click&collect in retail stores network
- including the e-store into the loyalty program
- enabling placing orders by the staff of retail shops for customers.
Magento is a platform of unlimited expandability, giving a lot of marketing opportunities. The new technology offered by Magento 2 will allow us to respond quickly to our customers' needs, such as picking up orders in retail stores or integrating the e-store with our Loyalty Program.